Rams Post Respectable Finish in ECAC's
Colt State Park - Bristol Rhone Island
Bristol, R.I. - Junior Sean Tiernan (Staten Island, N.Y./Tottenville) continued his outstanding season placing 18th out of 300 runners in a time of 26:48.57 at Saturday's ECAC Men's and Women's Cross Country Championships at Colt State Park in Bristol, R.I. Sean led the men's team to a 15th place finish out of 44 teams.
This was the highest individual and team finish at the ECAC meet in Farmingdale State history. The team averaged a very fast 28:04 per man. Five of the seven runners have run the Colt State Park course previously and all five set personal course bests.
The women's race moved up to 6000 meters from the 5000 meters they normally run. Freshman Jessica Josema (Medford, N.Y./Patchogue-Medford) placed 106th out of 276 runners in a time of 26:02.57, leading the women's team to a 32nd place finish out of 39 teams. The girl's averaged a respectable 27:55 per person for the longer 6000m race.
- Sean Tiernan - 26:48.57, 18th PB
- Sean Daly - 27:36.06, 51st PB
- Tim Flynn - 27:58.17, 70th
- Russell Darress - 28:57.22, 139th PB
- Ed Glidden - 29:01.65, 143rd
- Adam Sadler - 29:30.64,175th PB
- Ben Vassallo - 30:24, 206th PB
- Jessica Josema - 26:02.57, 106th
- Mary Orobona - 27:17.87, 164th
- Marjorie Diemicke - 28:04.55, 202nd
- Katherine Monti - 28:52.49, 223RD
- Angelica Medford - 29:17.91, 233RD
- Estella Sanchez - 30:30.56, 233RD
- Lauren Neuwirth - 30:42.74, 257TH