Training Room Policies
All athletes must make an appointment with one of the
Treatment begins at 11:00 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. on Monday and
On Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
Treatment and modalities will not be given during practice
The training room will open at 1:00 p.m. on Mondays and
Wednesdays. It will open at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On
Fridays and weekends, it will be open one hour before practice.
For all home contests, the room will open 2 hours prior to the
- Please notify AT office in advance, whether there will be an
ATC traveling with the team or not.
- Teams must have a properly stocked medical kit.
- Please include a letter indicating who and what type of
treatment is needed for your athletes. You can choose to e-mail if
Water, ice, ice bags and emergency equipment (AED, long board,
splints, and crutches) will be provided at all home events.
The training room will be open 2 hours prior to the start of all
home events. If you need access to the training room earlier than
the time allotted, please call a day ahead and we will be happy to
A certified athletic trainer and/or EMT will be provided for all
Training Room Policies for Athletes
- No athletic equipment (bags, lacrosse sticks, bats, balls,
gloves, helmets) are permitted in the room. All equipment must be
left in the outside room where cubicles/shelves are provided.
- No field sneakers or cleats are permitted in the training
- All athletes that are getting treatment must wear t-shirts and
- Athletes in the training room, requiring treatment must be
supervised by a certified athletic trainer, not a coach or a
- All athletes must be clean and showered after practice/games
prior to receiving treatment.
- All athletes must shower before using the whirlpools.
- Foul language will not be tolerated and will be cause for
dismissal from the athletic training room.
- Food is not permitted.
- Water/ice coolers and supplies must be returned to the athletic
training room in a timely manner following practices.
- All athletes that need an evaluation and/or treatment of
athletic injuries must make an appointment with one of the staff
- In-season athletes have priority over out-of-season athletes,
unless an appointment is made.
St. Joseph's Hospital
Armond Abulencia, MD,
325 Park Ave.
Huntington, NY 11743