Training Room Policies
All athletes must make an appointment with one of the trainers.
Treatment begins at 11:00 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. on Monday and Wednesday.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
Treatment and modalities will not be given during practice times.
Training Room Hours
The training room will open at 1:00 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays. It will open at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Fridays and weekends, it will be open one hour before practice.
For all home contests, the room will open 2 hours prior to the event.
Visiting Team Policy
- Please notify AT office in advance, whether there will be an ATC traveling with the team or not.
- Teams must have a properly stocked medical kit.
- Please include a letter indicating who and what type of treatment is needed for your athletes. You can choose to e-mail if preferred.
Water, ice, ice bags and emergency equipment (AED, long board, splints, and crutches) will be provided at all home events.
The training room will be open 2 hours prior to the start of all home events. If you need access to the training room earlier than the time allotted, please call a day ahead and we will be happy to accommodate you.
A certified athletic trainer and/or EMT will be provided for all home events.
Athletic Training Room Policies for Athletes
- No athletic equipment (bags, lacrosse sticks, bats, balls, gloves, helmets) are permitted in the room. All equipment must be left in the outside room where cubicles/shelves are provided.
- No field sneakers or cleats are permitted in the training room.
- All athletes that are getting treatment must wear t-shirts and shorts.
- Athletes in the training room, requiring treatment must be supervised by a certified athletic trainer, not a coach or a faculty/staff member.
- All athletes must be clean and showered after practice/games prior to receiving treatment.
- All athletes must shower before using the whirlpools.
- Foul language will not be tolerated and will be cause for dismissal from the athletic training room.
- Food is not permitted.
- Water/ice coolers and supplies must be returned to the athletic training room in a timely manner following practices.
- All athletes that need an evaluation and/or treatment of athletic injuries must make an appointment with one of the staff ATC’s.
- In-season athletes have priority over out-of-season athletes, unless an appointment is made.
Area Medical Services
St. Joseph's Hospital
Team Physician/Orthopedic Surgeon:
Armond Abulencia, MD,
325 Park Ave.
Huntington, NY 11743
University Police Department: